A blog about the amazing things teenagers do, about writing for teens, books for teens, and occasional forays into my world and the world of publishing.

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Guess What's Under My Tree?

If you had asked me what I wanted for Christmas last year I would have told you, "An agent and a publishing contract." A year later, both of those wishes have come true, (I can still hardly believe it,) with the help of a lot of wonderful people.

So, when I got a package on Christmas Eve from my editor at Walker, Mary Kate Castellani, I was thrilled. Even though this package isn't exactly a Christmas gift. (Mary Kate already sent me three Walker books. Thank You!) The package contains Mary Kate's editing notes for my manuscript. For me, this package is a concrete reminder that this is real. I means I'm one step closer to my dream of having a book published.

(Excuse me for a moment while I dance around the Christmas tree.)

I wrapped the editing notes up last night and put them under the Christmas tree to remind myself that everything that has happened this year has been a gift. I've been truly blessed and I don't want to forget that.

Yes, it scares me so much that I've left that package unopened for now, but I'm excited to move forward with Mary Kate and Walker and make my manuscript the best it can possibly be.

I can't wait to see what 2011 brings.


No comments:

Post a Comment