A blog about the amazing things teenagers do, about writing for teens, books for teens, and occasional forays into my world and the world of publishing.

Friday, December 3, 2010

Teens Doing Great Things--Aspire Middle School, Breast Cancer Walk

Kids these days...they're awesome.

I'm thrilled to say I've gotten tons of ideas for my Teens and Kids Doing Great Things posts. (Please keep them coming.)

I'm playing catch-up so this one is from a while back, but I wanted to recognize ten kids from Aspire Middle School, in Lacey, Washington (and three amazing teachers) who took part in the Tacoma, Washington, "Making Strides" Breast Cancer Walk, on October 9, 2010.

They worked hard to raise money for breast cancer research and gave up their Saturday for a 5k walk. The combined total for all the walkers in Tacoma was $72,795.16.

Great job Firebirds! Way to make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment