A blog about the amazing things teenagers do, about writing for teens, books for teens, and occasional forays into my world and the world of publishing.

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Trailer Debut

I'm so excited to share the book trailer for BREAKING BEAUTIFUL. Because I was a broadcasting major and because creating videos has been one of my hobbies, I had the trailer for this book in mind before I ever finished writing it. When the time finally came to do the trailer, I wrote a script and was ready to move forward, but then my husband got his diagnosis of MS. It took some time for us to get back to real life after that. I had to scale everything back and focus on the really important things.

When I finally had the time and energy to think about it again, I knew I had to do something more simple than what I had originally planned. It all worked out fo the best. Scaled back or not I'm so happy with the way it came out.

I'm so grateful to everyone who helped, my husband who did the videography, my lovely actress Brooklyn who endured every crazy thing I asked her to do, Steve, the North Thurston high school librarian who helped me get in to "shoot" the locker scene and my extras, David, Chelsie, Melissa, Jennifer, Josh, Ben, Jesse, and "best creepy voice ever" Tristan. Thank you!

So without further self-gushing, I present my book trailer for BREAKING BEAUTIFUL which releases in LESS THAN ONE WEEK!!!

1 comment:

  1. It's so exciting to finally see the book trailer for BREAKING BEAUTIFUL! And a neat way to be able to share your story in a visual format. Awesome work, Jen!

    ReplyDelete