A blog about the amazing things teenagers do, about writing for teens, books for teens, and occasional forays into my world and the world of publishing.

Sunday, April 28, 2013

A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words--Walking and Rocking 2

I woke up with a terrible thought this morning...I forgot to blog yesterday. I thought about it, I thought about it a lot, but in between a run and housework and writing and laundry I got to tired. I forgot about it and went to bed. So...is the thirty days blog experiment over?

Nah.

I'll forgive myself and move on.

But, instead of just writing today, I'm going to post pictures from the "I'll Walk With You, I'll Rock With You" event that I wrote about on Thursday.

I'll say this much, it was an incredible event. The family reached their goal and beyond. We had a great time, and it was absolutely amazing to watch so many people come together to help one person and one family. I especially want to thank my author friends who donated books for two YA book baskets. None of them knew Bryden or the family, but they willingly donated books and swag when I told them about the benefit.

During the run yesterday, another stranger saw all of us in our T-shirts and stopped to ask what it was all about. When she heard about Bryden, she pulled fifty dollars out of her pocket and donated it to the cause.

People amaze me some times.

Here are some pictures so you can share the joy from two great events for one great person.






No comments:

Post a Comment