A blog about the amazing things teenagers do, about writing for teens, books for teens, and occasional forays into my world and the world of publishing.

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Celebrating My Book-Iversary (And we have a winner!)

A year ago today, I realized a dream when my debut novel, BREAKING BEAUTIFUL launched. I celebrated with a fabulous launch party. I had cake and my friends and family were there and it was perfect.

In the year since the book released, I can honestly say my life has changed in ways I never thought it would. I've met a lot of wonderful writers and readers, both kids and adults. I've been crushed and buoyed up, dealt with rejection, bad reviews and good reviews. I've been given opportunities that I never dreamed I would have.

I've written and sold my second book, DEAD GIRLS DON'T LIE, due out September 17th. I'm still writing and I have other projects in the works that I'm insanely excited about. I've learned to love and hate and then love again the writing process. I've learned a ton and  I know I'm still in the beginning stages of this journey.


Tonight I celebrated my one year mark quietly with my family and sparkling cider. It wasn't quite the event I had last year, but that's okay. I know I have a lot to look forward to and a lot still to learn.

AND in other news...

Using my highly unscientific and yet completely random drawing method (putting the entries in a bowl and having one of my kids draw it out) I have come up with a winner for the ARC.

The winner is...WENDY JONES!

I'll contact you to get the information I need to send you the ARC of DEAD GIRLS DON'T LIE and maybe something chocolate.

Thank you everyone for entering and being interested in reading my book!

Thank you to everyone who has shared this year with me! I can't wait to see what the future brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment