A blog about the amazing things teenagers do, about writing for teens, books for teens, and occasional forays into my world and the world of publishing.

Friday, June 10, 2011

TDGT--A Video to Unite a School (and a Shamless Plug)

How do you bring together 2000 students from various cliques, teams, and clubs?

Lakewood high school in Denver, Colorado did it by pumping Katy Perry's Firework through the school intercom system so they could lip-dub, (or lip-sync), the words into a music video to unite the school.

Having done a lot of video work in my life (I have a degree in Broadcast Communications), I can really appreciate how much work and cooperation it took to put this video together. I love how it came out and I love the way it shows an entire high school united. Awesome job Lakewood High!



Thanks to Mark Megibow from the group FACE for sharing this video with me. (Yes, he is my agent's husband.)

Now for the shameless plug:

Aspire Middle school is doing another fabulous play, YOU'RE A GOOD MAN CHARLIE BROWN.

I got to go last night (June 9th) for opening night and it was fabulous! Aspire has such a talented group of students.

They will be performing again tonight at Timberline high school at 7:30 pm and twice on Saturday, (2:00 matinee) and 7:30 evening performance. They do a wonderful jog of bringing to life the beloved PEANUTS characters, the kids are great, and the "woodstocks" and Snoopy are hilarious. It's a great family event.

I would love to hear what you think of this video and/or the play. And as always if you know of any kids doing great things, please send them my way.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this excellent example of teens doing great things! It's easy to focus on the bad and sooooo inspiring to focus on the good!
    -Sara

    ReplyDelete