1. You can only motivate or change yourself, and sometimes even that's too hard to do. (Set goals and change for the better anyway.)
2. You can only control the amount of effort, time, creativity, and learning you put into a project. You can't control how other people will react to it. (Put the time and effort into it anyway.)
3. Ultimately you can't fully protect yourself or your family from anything. You can only prepare yourselves and them and then be there when they need you. (Be prepared for anything.)
4. No matter how hard you work, you will make mistakes. (Forgive yourself)
5. People you love will make mistakes. (Forgive them.)
5. People you love will hurt you. (Love them anyway.)
A blog about the amazing things teenagers do, about writing for teens, books for teens, and occasional forays into my world and the world of publishing.